Appian is a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of complex custom code. In order to provide an intuitive experience we need an extremely powerful backend to abstract all of the complexities. This backend should be able to persist our customers data regardless of the volume, workload and number of users (elastically scalable) while ensuring consistent performance and availability.
As a Senior Software Engineer working at Appian, you will have the opportunity to build highly-available distributed environments which are able to autonomously scale up and down based on customers usage patterns. You will work on solving some of the most complex challenges around optimal resource utilization for large-scale cloud-native and on-premise installations by utilizing data structures, algorithms, object-oriented/functional programming paradigms and distributed computing.
Working in Appian Engineering:
- Modern tech stack and continuous delivery
- Indie time -- set aside every month for fun side projects
- Learning time -- half a day every other week dedicated for personal learning
- Casual working environment -- wear what you want
- Company retreat, movie nights, fun events -- bring the whole family!
- Lateral mobility encouraged by supportive senior leadership
- Chance to influence the direction of our technology
- You’re an efficient and elegant coder, ideally with 10+ years of strong experience in Java, C++ or the like
- You are experienced in designing and implementing highly available and mission critical distributed systems
- You are fearless at jumping into production environments to address customers' urgent issues.
- Data structures & algorithms excite you; you thrive on solving complex problems within large high-performant real-time distributed data systems
- Principles and fundamentals are important to you
- You are open to work with any programming language paradigm
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.