At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As an Instructional Systems Designer, you’ll partner with internal product teams to transform our content in order to train, empower, and make life easier for our users.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate application building proficiency and knowledge of features in development each release,
- Design and develop e-learning and other web-based training using a broad range of instructional tools and techniques.
- Demonstrate proficiency with e-learning authoring tools (Captivate).
- Demonstrate knowledge of engineering departmental structure and identification of SMEs across departments.
- Establish working relationships with media production team, training delivery team, management, subject matter experts, and end users.
- Design and implement role-based needs analysis for new curriculum planning and development.
- Routinely review content and provide feedback to other ISDs.
- Thorough knowledge of new course SOPs .
- Provide feedback on and make updates to the team’s existing processes and procedures to increase efficiency and standardization across ISDs.
Preferred Experience Level:
Minimum of 1-2 years experience with instructional design and development of e-learning content. Knowledge of adult learning theory, e-learning and instructional design principles, ADDIE, SAM. Must be able to work under tight deadlines.
B.S. in Education, Instructional Design, or related field.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.