Senior Attorney, Transactions and Procurement
The Senior Attorney, Transactions and Procurement is responsible for the review, negotiation, and drafting of Appian’s vendor contracts as well as handling other legal matters for a fast-growing software company. The Senior Attorney, Transactions and Procurement will be the first component of a Procurement function within Appian and will be expected to design and implement processes for Appian’s procurement efforts.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including inbound cloud licenses, marketing agreements, facility agreements, professional services agreements, and contractor agreements.
- Obtain the best commercial terms for Appian, including by implementing and operating RFP processes, re-bids, and other methods of ensuring best possible pricing.
- Be the lead attorney for the global procurement function.
- Manage and coordinate discussions and review of terms and conditions with internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Ensure transaction terms comply with company policies and reflect company’s risk tolerance and are documented in the applicable systems.
- Conduct due diligence on vendors or other third parties as may be necessary in support of transactions.
Background and Experience
- The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and/or qualities:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial, information technology contracts, in the areas of contract administration, management and negotiation, demonstrating increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated effective writing and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently, taking the initiative to handle complex challenges, prioritizing multiple ongoing projects, and developing quick turn-around contract management strategies
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and communications skills
- Strong project management skills, including managing complex transactions and leading the internal efforts among cross functional teams to begin and successfully conclude vendor negotiations for the procurement of goods and services in a timely manner.
- Skilled with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook and other software products as required
- Juris Doctorate required
- Must be able to work on-site at Appian headquarters
- Software company work experience is preferred
- Commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.