Appian is looking for a Lead User Experience Designer to support our mission to build the most usable low code development platform. The successful candidate will first gain experience as an individual contributor before taking on management responsibilities (with corporate training and support). This position requires equal parts passion for representing the needs of our users and for fostering the growth and happiness of UX team members.
UX Designers (UXD) at Appian craft new features that allow our users to do their work more easily and efficiently. UXDs translate product requirements and user needs into wireframes and prototypes that define UI layouts, interactions, and flows. As members of Agile development squads, Designers work closely with Product Managers and Software Engineers to rapidly build functional increments, test their effectiveness, and incorporate improvements.
Effective Appian UX Designers are:
- Practical. They know how to follow a structured process of research, design, and testing, but also know how to prioritize the most effective activities to support fast-changing business requirements.
- Intuitive. They know when to trust evidence, but also when to trust their gut. They have a great sense for usability and can internalize an ever-evolving framework of rules for making good design decisions.
- Flexible. They do what it takes to support their team’s mission and thrive on the reality that no two work days are the same.
As a Lead User Experience Designer, you will:
- Perform user research to understand the unmet needs of our customers and stakeholders
- Create wireframes to facilitate rapid design iteration based on review and feedback
- Prototype new interfaces using Appian’s low-code UI design system
- Plan and execute usability testing for features and enhancements; analyze results and work with Product Managers to prioritize issues
- Review the user experience of applications built by customers on Appian’s platform and provide recommendations for improvement
- Bachelors in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related field.
- 5+ years of software design experience with specific examples of leading successful UX initiatives.
- Enterprise software and Agile development experience strongly preferred.
All successful candidates will be required to take and pass Appian’s technical training course where they will learn how to use our platform to construct business solutions.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.