Role & Responsibility
Appian’s information security team is growing and is seeking an Information Security Architect to design, build, and support security architecture components for securing Appian. This person will work as a subject matter expert in a dynamic information security team involving cloud computing technologies and multiple security frameworks. You will be responsible for security engineering infrastructure and systems that are continuously evaluating the threat-landscape for Appian’s operations and service offerings. You will be a reference to other security engineers as a trusted advisor in security engineering domains.
- 7+ years experience with security architecture and design expertise
- 3+ years experience in SaaS and/or cloud infrastructure development
- 7+ years experience in security technology
- Experience with UNIX or its variants, such as Linux
- Expert knowledge about networking protocols and technologies - TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, etc.
- Experience with languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, Perl, C, etc.
- Serve as an advisor to security engineering team - regularly conduct and report on design reviews
- Contribute ideas to improve the security posture and detection of our security program
- Experienced with system design relating to event correlation and analysis from a variety of sources - NIDS, HIDS, WAF, Logs, etc.
- Have designed and implemented scalable systems that collect, process, and normalize security data
- Effective communicator of technical designs and vision verbally, visually and/or in writing for small to medium sized technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiar with threat hunting concepts to identify IOCs
- Excellent at problem solving and a talent for identifying creative solutions
- Knowledgeable of cloud-based infrastructures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and layered security responsibilities. Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus.
- Experienced with assessing network security technologies and configurations
- Track record of working in global high-scalable environment
- Privately held software company headquartered in Reston, VA, with regional offices around the world
- Global customer base. Large commercial and government customers
- Small team. Flat organization. No bureaucracy. No pointless meetings
- Participate in a world class information security role
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.