“Getting it Done Right, Fast, and Without Compromise.”
This is what our clients say about us, because it’s how we run our business. Gone are the days of silos, winging it on your own and leaving remote employees feeling disconnected and under-appreciated. The leadership team at Appian is committed to ensuring we all succeed. We build our momentum with healthy competition, learn with gameplay, and sell with commitment, confidence and strength of position in the market.
As a Sales Engineer, you will actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical adviser and product advocate. Using technical creativity and business acumen, you will illustrate the value that Appian’s platform can provide. You must be able to engage and articulate product positioning to both business and technical users in competitive scenarios. You will also rapidly identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
About the Role:
- Collaborate with Partner Directors to evangelize the Appian Platform to our partner ecosystem
- Assist in the production of RFPs and other proposals to partners
- Propose technical and creative business solutions in support of sales activities
- Design and deliver high-quality technical Proof of Concepts for partners and prospective customers
- Present technical and business aspects of Appian to a C-Level audience
- Represent Appian’s product to prospects at field events such as conferences, summits, seminars, etc
- Assist with the radiation strategy within the partner ecosystem by building relationships
- Work with colleagues across the organization to receive the support needed to accomplish the technical goals
- Self starter with a keen interest in learning and sharing
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science
- 5+ years as a successful Pre-Sales Engineer OR 5+ years in a Professional Services/Consulting role that is client facing and involves sales scenarios
- Must be fluent in English. Multi-linguistic skill is a plus.
- Able to thrive in a unique culture where thinking outside of the box is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve business problems
- Technical depth to respond to all functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Proven success conveying customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Familiarity with Business Process Management, Case Management, or Low Code Development products is a plus
- Experience in production environments (application servers, web servers, databases)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design
- Willing to travel to partner and customer locations throughout the assigned regions