The Senior Facilities Manager will oversee the day to day facility operations and personnel to ensure a functioning and safe office environment. This person will collaborate with other team members on driving and supporting Appian initiatives, coordination and implementation of renovations, improvements and other facilities related projects.
Key Accountabilities & Decision Ownership:
- Ensures building equipment and interiors continuously function or operate efficiently, effectively and safely through coordination of timely cleaning, repairs and maintenance; with 24-hour on call availability and contact for after hour’s emergencies
- Manage cross-functional teams including close coordination with Security, IT, and HR on behalf of shared internal client
- Implements, oversees, and directs facility projects relative to employee relocation's, furniture installations and re-configurations and new construction.
- Responsible for the management of a physical workstation/office-numbering system, database, floor plans and seating charts
- Review and recommendation of purchases of office equipment and supplies and controls facility inventory, services. Ensure timely response to internal work order system
- Performs as a member of the Safety committee and emergency building contact. Oversees the implementation of the safety and security plan, training programs and drills
- Oversees and maintains security and ID access card system and instructs employees on security protocols. Responsible for accurate and timely metrics and reporting
- Management of Facilities team with accountability and oversight of their responsibilities. Gives strategic direction associated with facilities management and ensures applicable consistency across the real estate portfolio
- Develop, execute and optimize processes and procedures in a controlled, well-managed and efficient manner to enhance portfolio services and expenditures
- Develop and manage annual Capital budgets
- Review and negotiation of applicable facilities vendors and contractors
Skills, Know-how & Experience:
- 10+ years of related experience in facilities maintenance, modular furniture systems, and project management
- Ability to work independently with no on site supervision
- Knowledge of building systems and maintenance protocols; ability to use hand/power tools
- Must be able to remain calm, pleasant, and professional while experiencing frequent interruptions; must work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task to meet multiple deadlines effectively.
- May require occasional domestic travel
- Job includes lifting, moving equipment and limited outdoor duties
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Good Communication Skills
- Exceptional Organization Skills
- Ability to Maintain Strict Confidentiality
- Ability to Prioritize Effectively
Technical / Professional Qualifications:
- Must have experience working with MS Office and Google Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook)
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- AutoCad experience a plus
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.