Here at Appian, we're revolutionizing the way people perceive having custom apps built for their businesses.
Appian is a low code platform; build it once, deploy natively on the web and mobile, and you don't have to be a developer to build apps on the platform. We’re empowering users to build apps faster and with fewer resources.
UX Designers at Appian craft new features that allow our users to do their work more easily and efficiently. UXDs translate product requirements into wireframes and prototypes that define UI layouts, interactions, and flows. As members of Agile development teams, Designers work closely with Product Managers and Software Engineers to rapidly build functional increments, test their effectiveness, and incorporate improvements.
Effective Appian UX Designers are:
- Practical. They know how to follow a structured process of research, design, and testing, but also know how to prioritize the most effective activities to support fast-changing business requirements.
- Intuitive. They know when to trust evidence, but also when to trust their gut. They have a great sense for usability and can internalize an ever-evolving framework of rules for making good design decisions.
- Flexible. They do what it takes to support their team’s mission and thrive on the reality that no two work days are the same.
About the Job:
As a User Experience Designer, you will:
- Perform user research to understand the unmet needs of our customers and stakeholders
- Create wireframes to facilitate rapid design iteration based on review and feedback
- Prototype new interfaces using Appian’s low-code UI design system
- Plan and execute usability testing for features and enhancements; analyze results and work with Product Managers to prioritize issues
- Review the user experience of applications built by customers on Appian’s platform and provide recommendations for improvement
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related field.
- Superior academic achievement with a GPA of 3.7 or higher.
- Enterprise software and Agile development experience preferred.
Appian makes building complex software simple. We’ve built our low-code platform from the ground up with the power to address some of the world’s toughest business problems. It’s exciting and challenging work with exciting and fulfilling rewards. It takes the right person…is that you?
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.