Appian provides a low-code development platform that accelerates the creation of high-impact business applications. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance.
Appian seeks a leader for its sales pipeline and business development training and enablement programs. In this role you will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering training for Account Executives and Business Development Reps (BDRs). This role with also work closely with sales and marketing operations on pipeline development tools and initiatives.
- Lead virtual and classroom training sessions for new hire BDRs and account executives focused on skills such as campaign creation, cold calling, objection handling, and qualification
- Update existing classroom and e-learning curriculum as needed to improve effectiveness
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing programs and provide feedback to sales management
- Conduct needs analysis and consult with BDR management to build and deliver monthly continuing education training programs for the BDR team
- Team with operations to select, implement and manage pipeline development tools including LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, and SalesLoft
- Evaluate participants and provide constructive feedback and guidance for continuous improvement, developing individual coaching plans as required
- Work with sales enablement team on special projects as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience in a sales training role where you designed and facilitated learning
- Experience in business development or full cycle sales.
- Experience in a software or technology company with a disruptive product
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Communication, Education, or Business
- Energetic, self-motivated individual who builds relationships with leadership naturally
- Proficiency in computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google Docs, Sheets; Google Hangout and Meet)
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Certifications in sales, instructional design, or facilitation are a plus
- Experience working with international employees is a plus
- Experience with a learning management system is a plus
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.