Appian is seeking a Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) who will deliver people and organizational solutions as a member of a newly formed HRBP function. This role offers the unique opportunity to help drive the impact of the HRBP function in a growing organization.
The Senior HRBP will serve as a proactive consultant and adviser to business unit leaders in the effective management of their workforce through performance management, employee engagement, talent assessments, leadership development, succession planning and more. They will implement people and organizational solutions across the client group they support. They will measure/monitor the needs of employees and the leaders they support through effectively building and developing relationships across all levels of the organization. The HRBP will utilize diagnostics to address and understand organizational dynamics to align with the business environment, implement and refine long and short term continuous improvement initiatives while managing the day-to-day tactical issues and requirements. The successful HRBP will effectively interact with business leaders at all levels, possess excellent communication skills, strong business acumen and works effectively across multiple geographies.
Appian provides a software development platform that combines intelligent automation and enterprise low-code development to rapidly deliver powerful business applications. Many of the world's largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk and compliance.
This role will be at Appian HQ in Reston Town Center, but we will be moving to Tysons mid 2019.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with senior business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Provide expertise and coaching in areas such as career planning, performance management, coaching, employee relations, learning and development, recognition, and strategic development.
- Function as a consultant and counselor to key leaders and their respective organizations; engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into People plans.
- Develop and drive strategies to develop, engage and retain strong and diverse talent.
- Use and request data strategically. Identify and surface trends in both qualitative and quantitative data to help improve organizational health, understand when data will assist in making smart, informed decisions and to monitor the "pulse" of employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Identify and deploy impactful people strategies and policies that enable the organization to perform effectively and scale efficiently as it grows
- Lead the facilitation and management of all People programs within the department (performance reviews, employee surveys, development programs, etc.)
- Partner with global HRBP organization to ensure effective communications and delivery of HR programs globally.
- Partner with other People Team groups as a cross-functional team across Recruiting, L&D, Compensation, Legal, Employee Relations, Benefits on communications, projects and best practices. Collaborate with these teams to ensure high-quality implementation of critical operating rhythms such as performance management and compensation planning, leveraging resources as appropriate.
- Review and analyze data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve the overall health of the organization and provide compensation support including salary planning, off-cycle salary actions, promotions, and job re-leveling/re-alignment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business or another related field.
- 6+ years of experience in Human Resource management and/or business partner functions with particular experience in employee relations and leadership coaching. Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Excellent business acumen
- An ability desire to drive deep on client issues provide thought leadership and drive impact/business outcomes.