Technical Product Marketing Manager
Appian is seeking an experienced and innovative professional to join the Product Marketing team in the role of Technical Product Marketing Manager. This role is critical to articulating Appian’s value through the creation of new content aligned to the needs of executive buyers with a focus on middle stages of the buyer journey.
We’re looking for a candidate who has prior experience working in the enterprise software market with a strong understanding of technology, and specifically aPaaS, BPM, and low-code development platforms. The right candidate will have hands-on experience in enterprise software with a background leading teams and creating educational or marketing content for developers.
This role is located at Appian HQ in Reston, VA. Appian's HQ will move to Tysons Corner, VA in mid-late 2019.
- Align closely with engineering and product management to become an expert in the Appian product and platform
- In collaboration with product managers, focus on sales enablement by developing and training Appian staff on sales positioning on specific product features
- Develop detailed sales playbook to empower sales on product/platform
- Build out personas and messaging, and create product-focused content for events (Appian World, Appian Europe) and campaigns.Track the success of individual content and make recommendations for new technical marketing initiatives
- Plan, develop, and execute marketing content for quarterly product releases
- Strong experience working with engineering and other technical teams
- Proficient in agile delivery and software development lifecycle specifically design and solution integration aspects
- Ability to create content aligned to the needs of buyers with a focus on the developer persona
- Prior hands-on development experience (experience with Appian a plus)
- Strong written and oral communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Prior experience using Camtasia or other video creation software desirable
- 5+ years of experience (experience with Appian a plus)
- BA/BS degree required.
At Appian, you will help us build our award-winning PaaS product that enables business people to build cloud and mobile enterprise applications with flexible, visual models instead of custom code. Appian discovers and unites enterprise data, connects users through social and collaborative engagement in the context of business data, and provides the leading suite of business process technology to enable rapid application development and optimization in every industry.