The Digital Acquisition Manager at Appian will be responsible for executing global strategy for paid campaigns, inclusive of SEM, Social Media, Programmatic and ABM. This role includes interfacing with Paid Media vendors, collaborating with regional leads across the Americas and EMEA, and key stakeholders, as well as executing a best-in-class marketing strategy for paid advertising initiatives.
Appian HQ is at Reston Town Center but will be moving to Tysons Corner, VA in 2019.
- Work closely with vendors to create and execute advertising campaigns across search, social, programmatic, and media buys with attention to company goals, industry best practices, and department approved KPI’s.
- Communicate with Marketing Operations Director on technical implementation across advertising, CRM and automation platforms, verifying that every initiative is properly tracked and integrated with third-party marketing tools.
- Work closely with the VP of Demand Generation, Global Campaign Manager and Digital team members to appropriately manage marketing resources, create timelines for execution, and set performance expectations.
- Develop recommendations and sound tactics for optimal budget distribution between campaigns and geographic locations, based on company goals and areas of opportunity.
- Collaborate with Creative Team and VP of Demand Generation to develop and execute continuous ad creative and audience A/B testing, applying key behavioral takeaways to optimize campaigns and establish advertising best practices and benchmarks.
- Provide detailed campaign strategy and results documentation, recommendations for content development and recurring reporting based on marketing department needs.
- Communicate with VP of Demand Generation, Industry Practice Leads and Global Campaign Manager to ensure consistency of brand value propositions and messaging across advertising channels.
- 5 + years managing paid search and paid social campaigns, preferably within the tech industry, with a demonstrated ability to yield results.
- Experience interfacing and managing media agencies across multiple regions
- A track-record of communicating the complexities of paid advertising to executive leadership teams and key stakeholders in a digestible manner, speaking to data-driven recommendations.
- Proven experience in a role that requires an ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and show results, even when there are competing priorities.
- Exposure to marketing technical implementation of conversion tracking and multi-channel attribution
- Strong Knowledge of A/B testing best practices for ad copy, creative and campaign landing pages, with the ability to provide actionable insights into audience behaviors.
- A strong working knowledge of Google Ads, LinkedIn & Facebook Advertising, Salesforce and its integrations with marketing tools.
- Hands-on experience with marketing automation platforms such as Pardot and Marketo
- Experience with content management systems, especially WordPress.
- ABM, programmatic, or media buying experience.
- Previous exposure to the B2B technology competitive landscape within the digital marketing space.
- Experience working with international teams in different time zones.
- Strong communication and creative message development skills.