Role: Commercial Account Executive
Reports to: Manager, Sales
Location: US, Remote
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Deliver Technology for Human Sensemaking
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 20 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking someone with exceptional communication skills to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning. This role is an intermediate level sales role and we are looking for hungry, enthusiastic candidates that want to make a difference!
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and follow up with leads, manage prospects, and acquire new business in assigned territory for SMB market through cold calling/ outbound reach
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of company products and pricing structure
- Utilize Salesforce.com for scheduling, pipeline reporting, developing prospective customer profiles and documenting all sales-related activities
- Accurately and consistently forecast business in SFDC
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate account/opportunity information
- Account planning and forecasting for SMB accounts
- Calendar and meeting management
- Prospecting and closing to meet or exceed sales/revenue goals for assigned territory
- Participate in hand off calls with implementation
What You Need:
- 2+ years of B2B technology sales experience
- Proven record of closing business
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and driven
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Data science related software selling experience
- Start up experience
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees First culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!
- Ask about our Snake Days!