Role: Engineering Intern
Location: Berlin, Germany
Job Type: Internship
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 18 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, and health care industries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Engineering Intern to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and passion for creating a unique culture and gain new skills in the world of data science and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with executing software test plans, analyzing and writing test standards and procedures and maintaining documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Troubleshoot issues involving system configuration, behavior, and performance
- Run tests to ensure proper functioning of system in various environments
- Design and develop tools for automation and process improvement
- Analyze large quantities of data to find trends or indications of potential issues
- Develop productivity skills by constantly improving knowledge of core infrastructure and tooling, the build system, as well as testing best practices
- Implement well-defined (sub-)tasks and commit code to peer review
- Attend daily SCRUM meetings, sprint planning meetings, etc.
- Work with other teams to coordinate joint deliverables
- Work with QA team to ensure highest level of product quality
- Other duties assigned
What You Need:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related field
- Hands on experience in java or python
- Possess an innate understanding of technologies coupled with a deep curiosity to always learn more
- Core infrastructure and tooling experience
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours