Role: Engineering Intern
Location: Berlin, Germany
Job Type: Internship
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 20 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, and health care industries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
Anaconda is looking for a talented Open Source Engineering Intern to join our rapidly growing company. If you’d like to gain new skills in data science and analytics while contributing to our unique company culture, we’d love to hear from you. You will work primarily on the scikit-learn project.
What You’ll Do:
As an open source developer, you will assist with the maintenance of the library and the community. This involves helping with:
- Fixing bugs reported on the issue tracker and writing tests for them
- Improving the documentation and fixing the reported issues
- Running the tests and understanding the CI
- Opening issues on the issue tracker whenever appropriate
- Engaging with the community on the mailing list, issue trackers, pull requests, etc
What You Need:
We’re looking for an intern with a keen interest in growing as an open source developer and mastering the responsibilities listed above. The ideal candidate:
- Has an understanding of some statistical machine learning models. You do not need to master all of them, but since you’ll be working on scikit-learn, understanding some of the models in the package is a good place to start.
- Is comfortable with python - familiarity with C and Cython is a plus.
- Is familiar with git, github, and command line tools.
- Has the curiosity and passion to always learn more - which is possibly the most important factor.
What We Offer:
This is a mentorship program; therefore we will mentor and assist you to grow and gain the skills you need to become comfortable with the tasks of a maintainer. You will be assisted, and will have time to:
- Improve your machine learning skills required to fix the issues
- Become comfortable with git and github processes
- Learn how to run the tests, understand the different CIs we use, and how to interpret the issues reported by them
- Improve your python skills to write quality code and documentation which can then be added to the library
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours