Role: Instructional Designer
Reports to: Manager, Training
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data Science
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 20 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning.
We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open-source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk (or “what employees like most about working here” is that we are not just a company, but a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community strive to democratize data science and create and promote open-source technologies for a better world.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Instructional Designer to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and passion for creating a unique culture and gain new skills in the world of data science and analytics.
The Instructional Designer will join our Training department to develop high quality self-service product training materials for our Enterprise platform customers. Our goal is to provide engaging and practical training to accelerate the time to value for our customers’ investment and improve our ‘ease of doing business’ with Anaconda.
What you’ll do
- Work with subject matter experts in the Training, Product, and Customer Success organizations to implement learning objectives
- Produce text and video-based training materials including assessments and publish to a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Maintain curriculum on LMS and administer assignments to the customer base
- Evaluate effectiveness of training solutions and make meaningful enhancements
- May include assisting HR with internal enablement
What you need
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in curriculum development or instructional design for online and classroom training
- Experience with web-authoring tools, such as HTML, CSS, Markdown, Sphinx
- Experience authoring and maintaining content on a Learning Management System (LMS). For example, Docebo, Skilljar, Absorb, or Articulate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Self-starter, able to prioritize activities on several projects at once
- Experience with Python and/or other programming languages
- Experience working in the data science or analytics technology space
Why You’ll Like Working Here
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Work from home Wednesdays (optional)
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!
- Parental Leave