Role: VP, Marketing
Reports to: CRO
Location: Austin, TX or NYC
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
With over 12 million users, Anaconda is the world’s most popular Python data science platform.
Anaconda, Inc. continues to lead open source projects like Anaconda, NumPy, and SciPy that form the foundation of modern data science. Anaconda’s flagship product, Anaconda Enterprise, allows organizations to secure, govern, scale, and extend Anaconda to deliver actionable insights that drive businesses and industries forward.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. We strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Vice President, Marketing to evolve and scale the marketing organization for our rapidly growing organization. This is is a highly visible, strategic position, working across internal teams to drive revenue growth by optimizing the effectiveness of our marketing team, tools and processes.
The ideal candidate is a self starter who has demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity, operating in a high-growth environment, and effectively solving both strategic and tactical problems with limited oversight. You have a thorough understanding of enterprise marketing processes especially in a software business. You have an analytical mindset with a passion for using data to drive decision-making.
What You’ll Do:
- Creates and executes marketing and communications strategies to meet Anaconda’s objectives in partnership with the CRO.
- Leads the production and management of all internal and external organizational communications
- Serves as the executive owner for all marketing materials and creative assets, and ensure Anaconda’s brand standards are upheld.
- Owns relationship with outside PR agency and all day-to-day PR activities
- Manage team to create and lead marketing programs and campaigns resulting in targeted lead flow
- Manage team to/and own all aspects of our annual conference, Anacondacon, from concept to execution
- Proactively identify opportunities for lead generation and customer journey improvement. Work closely with management to inspect lead quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement
- Relentlessly analyze the business and proactively offers insights and recommendations to sales and executive leadership
- Keep abreast of industry trends, best practices, and new opportunities
- Manage the marketing budget and marketing team
- Other duties as needed
What You Need:
- 12+ years of marketing experience in a high growth organization
- Experience marketing an enterprise platform product
- Experience in a VP level role
- Start-up experience strongly preferred
- Solid Marketo experience
- A strong history of executing lead generation life cycle, reporting, and pipeline analysis
- A strong desire to learn
- Bachelor’s degree
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre-IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!