Role: Director of Support and Installation
Reporting to: SVP, Customer Success
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
With over 12 million users, Anaconda is the world’s most popular Python data science platform. Anaconda, Inc. continues to lead open source projects like Anaconda, NumPy, and SciPy that form the foundation of modern data science. Anaconda’s flagship product, Anaconda Enterprise, allows organizations to secure, govern, scale, and extend Anaconda to deliver actionable insights that drive businesses and industries forward.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. We strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Director of Support and Installation to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and passion and contribute to the world of data science. As the leader of the Technical Support and Installation team, you will be responsible for managing the team and handling worldwide technical customer support and installation activities related to Anaconda. You will manage day-to-day operations and lead the team to provide high quality customer support in a highly technical environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the SVP of Engineering to set and deliver strategic initiatives of the Support and Installation group
- Set, manage and achieve quarterly and other goals with the team to help meet individual and organizational objectives
- Coach, train and develop team into top performers through planning and frequent one-on-one interaction
- Responsible for setting and tracking department’s KPIs and other metrics
- Interface across departments to address challenges
- Be a resource for the Technical Support and installation group on escalated calls and key account discussions.
- Responsible for the key personnel-related decisions on your team and accountable for the results of your team
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as required
What You Need:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business management or related field
- 10 plus years of support experience in a platform or enterprise software company
- Experience leading a support team
- Experience leading technical roles
- Ability to conceptually understand linux, python, docker, kubernetes and other technologies
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers
- Experience working in a high growth start up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to switch from task to task as needed
- A strong and passionate desire to learn
- Occasional travel to meet with customers may be required
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience in the data science field
- Experience working with kubernetes or docker
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre-IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!