Role: Solutions Architect
Reports to: Director, Product Marketing
Department: Product Marketing
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 6 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, and healthcare industries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Solutions Architect to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and passion for creating a unique culture and gain new skills in the world of data science and analytics.
In this position you will be responsible for developing and documenting repeatable, canonical technical architectures, recommendations and approaches to help prospects and customers deploy, manage, scale and govern data science and machine learning using Anaconda Enterprise. You will focus on the needs of IT organizations and Data Science teams engaged in data science, machine learning and AI within Fortune 1000 enterprise contexts.
You will understand the technical landscape of customers, as well as the market landscape of the Python/R ecosystem and competitive products. You will write technical guides, presentations, blog posts and sales collateral to help support the sales team and allow customers to educate and support themselves. You will be a hands-on product expert and translate that depth of knowledge into customer and technical sales team understanding. You’ll also partner with the marketing team to deliver programs targeted at technical buyers and influencers, such as webinars and events.
- Become an expert in data science and IT operations lifecycles
- Be a recognized technical expert in Anaconda Enterprise and stay up to date on product releases and technical direction
- Teach what you know to field, customers and prospects via content, webinars, blog posts, speaking, workshops and coaching as appropriate
- Help define and deliver “The Anaconda Way” to do data science, providing pragmatic technical recommendations that cut through the myriad ways to do things with a vetted, canonical approach that is simple, easy to follow and has rapid time-to-value
- Develop technical and “how to” guides, presentations, blog posts and video segments
- Participate in phone, online and in-person meetings with customers to understand their problems, environment and key challenges in deploying data science
- Understand product challenges that customers face, help them overcome those and develop prioritized actionable feedback for product management and engineering
- Develop competitive analyses that are actionable by sales engineers
- Curate an RPF question/answer bank by helping the sales team write RFP responses
- Develop ways to scale your knowledge and expertise out to the sales and marketing teams
- Map customer requirements to current and future offerings
- Document, prioritize and communicate feedback to the product team
- 10+ years of technical experience with IT software infrastructure and/or data science domains
- Strong presentation skills to technical audiences, live and on video
- Ability to quickly write technically accurate documents that are simple, easy to understand and concise
- Demonstrable hands-on technical problem solver
- Linux and Windows technical competency
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
- Ability to travel 25-35%
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!