Role: Sr. Technical Product Manager
Reports to: Director, Product Management
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
With over 12 million users, Anaconda is the world’s most popular Python data science platform. Anaconda, Inc. continues to lead open source projects like Anaconda, NumPy, and SciPy that form the foundation of modern data science. Anaconda’s flagship product, Anaconda Enterprise, allows organizations to secure, govern, scale, and extend Anaconda to deliver actionable insights that drive businesses and industries forward.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. We strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Sr. Technical Product Manager for the Anaconda Enterprise. This is an excellent opportunity to play a key role in enabling any company to run a state of the art Machine Learning discipline, while working with passionate, talented people.
What You’ll Do:
- Understand and clearly define user problems. Work with engineering and design to deliver great solutions in a collaborative fashion.
- Develop and refine user personas.
- Use data-driven methodology to prioritize roadmap themes.
- Present product features and technical direction to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that sales, customer success, and support are in the know regarding the direction of the product.
- Partner with Product Marketing to craft messaging, positioning, and collateral.
- Tap into the pulse of the open source, data science, and developer communities.
- Be the interface between disparate stakeholders and roles: Anaconda engineers; community contributors; end users who are data scientists, software developers, sysadmins, and devops engineers.
What You Need:
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, or DevOps environment
- Working knowledge of B2B and complex enterprise products
- Superb public speaking and presentation skills.
- A passion for data science.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- You have previous experience as a software developer or devops engineer.
- You have specific experience working with open source data science technologies, like Hadoop, Spark, or Tensorflow.
- You have been part of a team that has deployed complex models into production at an enterprise company.
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Work home Wednesdays (optional)
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life, and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!