AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,300 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore.
Check out what we’ve built so far
About the Team
Join our dynamic team of engineers in Helsinki who are passionate about building software with a "you build it, you run it"-mentality. As a key member, you will be instrumental in managing the technical development of AlphaSense Expert Insights, a groundbreaking initiative where we conduct one-on-one interviews with industry and company subject matter experts, including thought leaders, former executives, customers, partners, and competitors. These experts offer invaluable perspectives that are typically inaccessible to investment analysts and other professionals.
Our commitment to delivering these insights extends to offering transcribed interviews through searchable and readable documents, audio formats, and a user-friendly iOS app. We even go the extra mile by providing additional features like text sentiment highlighting, the possibility to request personalized interviews, and direct communication with the experts.
Your role will involve shaping the technical aspects of AlphaSense Expert Insights with a strong focus on application development using React and Node.js. This encompasses designing and implementing user interfaces, optimizing user experience, and ensuring responsive design. You will play a pivotal role in architecting both end-to-end solutions, setting the direction for cross-team collaboration and processes, and providing guidance to fellow engineers in their daily tasks. Effective interaction with a diverse range of stakeholders, including product managers, designers, and other technical leaders, will be an integral part of your responsibilities.
What we are looking for
- Fluent with React, TypeScript and its ecosystem
- Experienced in working with NodeJS backends (ideally GraphQL)
- A genuine interest to work with various stakeholders to build the best product for the customer
- Fluent communicator in English with a team-first mentality
Nice to have
- Experience using GraphQL and Apollo Federation
- Experience building container-orchestrated services in the cloud (we use Kubernetes & AWS)
- Interest to grow into leadership responsibilities
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Relocation support for single employees, couples and families
- While we do have an office in Helsinki, we’re a distributed company. We value outcomes over time, and offer flexible working arrangements. We usually meet at the office once a week.
- Private healthcare services from Terveystalo
- 2 weeks of vacation granted up front, and possibility to use vacation days as they accrue
- Access to gym room, gaming room, free parking near the office, mobile phone, Lunch benefit, mobile plan, home internet, remote work equipment, and many more....
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form