POSITION: School Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Principal
- School Office Manager + Office Assistant
- ANT Team: COO, Network Operations Teams
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
Alpha Public Schools is a network of public charter schools serving the students of East San Jose. Alpha students, families and teachers collaborate to develop the 21st century academic skills and character strengths students need for success in school, college and career. Together we create self-reliant leaders committed to making positive change in the world.
Alpha is seeking a strategic and entrepreneurial School Operations Manager who will thrive in a dynamic school environment. The School Operations Manager will be a key member of the school’s leadership team, and will serve a leadership role in matters not directly related to instruction. The School Operations Manager will drive the creation and improvement of efficient and high quality systems and processes at the school. The School Operations Manager will manage the school’s Office Manager and Office Assistant.
- STRATEGIC THINKER: The School Operations Manager diagnoses problems/systems gaps, identifies key strategies/solutions, and then effectively communicates and ensures disciplined execution.
- PROJECT LEADERSHIP: The School Operations Manager is an expert project owner for a school-wide system or project through setting clear goals and timelines, keeping a wide range of stakeholders accountable, and assessing progress for the successful completion of the project.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL: The School Operations Manager demonstrates risk taking, innovation, self-confidence, and the ability to push oneself beyond one’s comfort zone.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDER: The School Operations Manager demonstrates how they have leveraged relationships to improve the outcomes on their projects and will develop strong relationships with Alpha students, families, and staff.
- COMMUNICATION: The School Operations Manager effectively communicates with Alpha students, families, and staff, in written and verbal forms.
School Level Operations
- Serve as the manager for the school based Operations Team, including weekly or bi-weekly check-ins, coaching and feedback feedback meetings to further the development of the school based Office team.
- Uphold operational vision for the organization at school level.
- Ensure school is in compliance with all regulations and campus safety requirements.
- Create and maintain student data systems, for reporting and data analysis purposes.
- Ensure school systems and processes are effective and documented centrally.
- Complete monthly facilities and operations walkthroughs and reporting data to the school leadership team.
Budget and Finance
- Work with the school principal and Alpha network finance team to develop and manage the school’s budget as the primary budget manager at the school.
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions and submit them to the Alpha network finance staff for processing.
- Ensure school adherence to Alpha’s fiscal policy and procedures;
- Manage school purchasing process by placing orders with vendors, managing school credit card, tracking delivery and maintaining inventory
Family & Community Engagement
- Build relationships with the community and motivate families to engage with and/or join Alpha
- Manage logistics for all family, school-specific recruiting, and community meetings events
- Manage enrollment documents/registration process via Alpha’s enrollment system
Note that in our fast-growing organization, specific functional responsibilities of the role may change depending on staff capacity and organizational need.
Apply to work at Alpha:
Please submit the following via this link:
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter that includes the following:
Incomplete applications or those with errors will not be considered. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented b