At Alma, we’re making it easier for people to access high quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers in building thriving private practices. We believe that when therapists have better resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Our product experience is designed to empower people in their search for mental health care, offering multiple pathways and individualized support, if and when someone needs it. Alma has raised funding from incredible investors like Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, and First Round Capital, and was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join, support, and manage a growing group of high performing product engineers at Alma. On this scaling team, you will have a strong hand in defining Alma's features, services, and architecture.
What you’ll do:
- Grow and develop an incredible team of hardworking, collaborative, and motivated engineers who have high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Set direction for the team, anticipating strategic and company scaling challenges via thoughtful long-term planning.
- Partner with product managers, designers and other stakeholders to ensure your team is prioritizing and delivering value to Alma members.
- Engage in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring, and on-boarding engineering talent to help grow the team.
- Engage with the Product and Engineering team to help craft technical and product strategy.
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years of engineering experience, with 1+ years of combined tech leadership and people management.
- You’ve previously led and/or managed a team of 3 or more engineers.
- You are a mentor to individual contributors of different seniority levels and expertise.
- You are willing to jump into the code to understand, contribute and/or troubleshoot technical issues.
- You possess a clear and engaging communication style with a track record of building positive relationships across a broad diverse organization.
- You have a demonstrable history of shipping user-facing products.
- You feel a passion for Alma's mission – to improve the experience of therapy for providers and their clients, and simplify access to care.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Aetna (medical, dental, and vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and Traditional)
- Free access to One Medical, Teladoc, and Health Advocate
- Monthly therapy, wellness, and ClassPass fitness stipends
- Co-working space membership access
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, and more
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Band: $160,000 - $200,000
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.