At Alma, we’re making it easier for people to access high quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers in building thriving private practices. We believe that when therapists have better resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Our product experience is designed to empower people in their search for mental health care, offering multiple pathways and individualized support, if and when someone needs it. Alma has raised funding from incredible investors like Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, and First Round Capital, and was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
Alma is looking for our first DEI Lead to shape and build how DEI is infused through all work, channels, teams, and initiatives at Alma. You have a passion for people and a commitment to building inclusive cultures that engage all humans.
You are comfortable with multiple initiatives moving in parallel. You easily communicate with all organizational levels and know how to keep everyone informed. You'll partner with the senior leadership team, DEI Committee, People team, and more to provide expertise and consultation in change leadership, DEI programs, talent management, and development.
You will serve as a trusted resource to affinity groups and leads, the DEI committee and leads,, employees, managers, and leaders across the organization. Your personal and professional commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is evident in your experience and informs every decision you make. You strike the balance between getting down in the weeds to apply your knowledge and expertise with your ability to step back, see the big picture, and strategize.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Leadership and the People Team to develop and implement strategies and programming for attracting and retaining diverse talent in an inclusive and equitable environment.
- Act as a catalyst for DEI engagements; spearhead initiatives and build buy-in within the executive team
- Establish goals and metrics to help advance and measure DEI work and programming at Alma that tracks and evaluates the effectiveness of all initiatives.
- Partner with the People Team to infuse and strengthen DEI principles and practices into People plans, programs, and strategy including areas such as L&D, career paths and compensation bands, hiring and performance management, employee engagement, development, and retention.
- Manage for all our diversity and inclusion programs and policies
- Advise, coach, and guide all levels of leadership
- Evaluate and maintain relationships with external organizations and partners that align with our strategic DEI goals.
- Act as a genuine and trusted D&I advocate for employees and a change champion for the organization.
- Create and help moderate safe spaces for honest and practical dialogue around diversity and inclusion.
- Keep abreast of industry knowledge and trends in topics of culture and diversity and inclusiveness.
- Provide support to and lead DEI-related Internal communications in partnership with the Comms/Marketing/Brand team.
- Collaborate openly across shared areas of ownership, and as appropriate share decision-making power with co-stakeholders.
- Build relationships across all functional areas including taking an active role in support and development of our ERGs.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of company culture, employer branding or human resources experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
- Familiarity with key aspects of HR, including recruitment, employee relations, L&D and training.
- Good persuasive and communication skills, customer-focused with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Exceptional EQ, blended with an analytic approach and skill in leveraging data to drive decisions and narratives
- Ability to lead meetings and presentations, and ability to interface with all levels of staff with tact and diplomacy.
- Proven knowledge of event development, culture promotion, marketing concepts, brand strategy.
- Capable and eager to execute both strategically and tactically
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.