At Alma, we’re making it easier for consumers to access high-quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers in building thriving private practices. We believe that when therapists have better resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Our consumer experience is designed to empower people in their search for mental health care, offering multiple pathways and individualized support, if and when someone needs it. We’ve raised $40.5M from incredible investors like Insight Partners, Tusk, Primary, Optum Ventures, and First Round and were named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
Alma is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our growing Accounting team. In this role, you will be responsible for general bookkeeping, maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledgers. You will work closely with our Accounting Manager and CFO.
The ideal candidate has experience in accounting and is seeking an opportunity to develop and expand their finance career at a high growth startup. We are looking for folks who have a deep passion for our mission and the future of mental health.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with the monthly close process; prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, in a timely and accurate manner
- Be responsible for accurate coding and reconciliation of company bank accounts
- Work closely with our Member Operations team to streamline provider membership billing and invoicing
- Answer Alma provider finance-related questions and relay feedback to our Customer Experience team
- Regularly update provider payment and tax information and ensure records are accurate
- Assist with preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting requirements
- Assist with the annual financial audit process
- Identify and propose changes to improve accounting policies and procedures
- Partner with the team to continuously improve system automation to help scale Accounting operations
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
Who you are:
- You have 0-2 years of experience in accounting or a BA in Accounting, Finance or Business
- You have demonstrated knowledge and comfortability with using Microsoft Excel
- You have solid understanding of GAAP
- You are able to collaborate, prioritize, and show initiative. You are also not afraid to ask for help when troubleshooting problems that arise
- You are passionate about learning new processes and implementing the latest technology in a fast paced, data-driven environment
- You have sound communication skills, as you will be customer-facing with providers and outside vendors
- Your preferred systems experience includes Quickbooks, Zuora, Avalara, Bill.com, Abacus, or similar systems. Or, you have a strong eagerness to learn these systems
- You are able to keep confidential information private, as you will be handling sensitive provider and customer data