At Alma, we believe in the power of therapy to change lives, communities, and the world we live in. We’re building a co-practicing community of top quality therapists, coaches, and wellness professionals, empowered to provide great care with access to beautifully-designed office spaces, best-in-class technology, and an engaged, collaborative community of their peers.
We are looking for a mission-driven, hard-working team member who is passionate about making mental health more affordable and is excited to work with providers in our community to help them take insurance. You will be responsible for working with mental health providers at Alma to help them through the credentialing process, as well as supporting them in taking insurance. This will include tasks like understanding and communicating plan designs, checking client eligibility, and managing the claims submission process, including troubleshooting, from start to finish. The successful candidate will be able to ensure an elevated level of customer service, maintaining positive relationships with the provider/payer network and maximizing productivity by reviewing accuracy for claims processing.
- Educate providers about how insurance works in mental health
- Walk providers through the credentialing process and assist them with applications
- Work with providers to check eligibility of clients and understand benefits
- Ensure timely and accurate claims submissions and work with payers on claims related issues
- BS or BA degree
- Prior experience in healthcare billing required. Knowledge of mental health industry preferred (but not required)
- Organized, detail-oriented, with ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively
- Excellent customer service skills
- Problem solver and able to troubleshoot independently
- Passionate about mental health and our mission at Alma
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate accurately and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
This role can be either part-time or full-time.