Software Engineer, Product
At Alma, we believe in the power of therapy to change lives, communities, and the world we live in. We’re building a co-practicing community of top quality therapists, coaches, and wellness professionals, empowered to provide great care with access to beautifully-designed office spaces, best-in-class technology, and an engaged, collaborative community of their peers.
Alma has a small product engineering team dedicated to building tools and services to help providers more easily manage and grow their practice. We are looking for a Product Engineer who enjoys building features that solve real problems and recognizes that successful software development requires communication, experimentation and iteration. Joining an early stage startup means you will have a strong hand in defining Alma's features, services and architecture. The ideal person for this role loves to collaborate with other teams to design and build amazing digital experiences.
- Gain a deep understanding of what Alma members do, how they operate and where their pain points are.
- Collaborate with Alma managers, PMs and designers to conceptualize and build solutions for practical problems facing Alma members.
- Design, develop and implement maintainable and scalable systems for our web stack ranging from back-end technologies (MySQL, Elasticsearch, Django) to front-end web interfaces (html, css, webpack, React).
- Ensure applications and services meet Alma's standards for software including performance, scalability and security.
Skills / Qualifications
- Have extensive experience with web technologies. We are language agnostic in our interviews but require experience with one or more common web frameworks.
- Enjoy customer centered software development and collaborating closely with a team of engineers, designers and product managers.
- A desire to experiment, succeed or fail and use research and data to drive decision making.
- Experience working with third party integrations.
- A willingness to mentor and guide other engineers.