mmhmm is a video communication company helping people instantly produce live and recorded video presentations that are entertaining to watch and easy to make. Founded in 2020, we believe being better at video is a crucial skill for any successful modern business. As a fully distributed, global team ourselves, we’re on a mission to empower people who work on video (that is, nearly everyone) to create more sustainable and joyful ways to work, teach, and collaborate. Our growing team includes founding members of Evernote, and we’re backed by Sequoia Capital and other leading investors. mmhmm is part of All Turtles, a studio sharing resources to help multiple brands build meaningful products people love.
As our first QA engineer on the Windows team, you’ll be responsible for designing our approach to QA as well as performing hands-on testing of new releases of the Windows version of mmhmm. Working as an integral part of our small, cross-functional team you’ll help ensure that we’re shipping high quality software, listen to our users’ feedback, and plan for how QA will scale as the number and complexity of our products increases. On a daily basis, you’ll work with engineering to ensure testing and quality are key elements of our development and release processes. While individual engineers are responsible for writing their own unit tests, you will construct automated and manual tests that verify cross-functional behavior is correct. Your deep technical understanding of mmhmm’s components (and their interactions) will lead you to become one of the go-to people in the company to answer questions and solve problems.
You’re the right person for this job if you like to work on small, autonomous teams, have good intuition about how tech products work and how a given change might impact other functionality, and enjoy finding creative ways to break software.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Helping to develop our long-term approach to QA.
- Working with the product team to understand upcoming releases and identify key areas to be tested.
- Working with the customer support team to understand and address reported issues
- Understanding user pain points and helping to design solutions.
- Performing exploratory testing and working with the product team to verify expected results.
- Managing QA’s role in product releases.
- Ensuring our CI/CD processes leverage automated testing and enforce test coverage standards.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Experience testing consumer software on Windows.
- Experience writing and executing both manual and automated testing.
- A strong technical background so you can reason about interactions between the application’s subsystems
- Experience in building test automation within Windows development and build environments.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude to convey clear thoughts and ideas.
- A track record of delivering on ambitious goals.
- Worked in a startup environment. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and change.
The Senior QA Engineer role is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Engineering. This role can be based in any location. Since our distributed team works across US time zones, US-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive insurance benefits to our employees and their qualifying dependents, in addition to flexible vacation, a 401(k), parental leave, and a suite of optional benefits and perks programs.
All Turtles and mmhmm are committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.