Algolia is set to enable every company to create world-class Search and Discovery experiences with an API-first approach. Performance and Scalability is at the heart of our mission: we power 1.5 trillion searches a year, for 10K+ customers all over the world.
To support Algolia’s rapid growth, we’re looking for a dynamic and experimented Accounting Manager to join our team! As an Accounting Manager, you will supervise, monitor, and evaluate all accounting operations activities. In addition, you will be pivotal in developing and implementing processes and systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information. You will be responsible for supervising and planning your team’s daily work.
In this role, you will report directly to our Worldwide Corporate Controller. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in accounting operations and financial reporting as well as supporting process and system improvements.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Lead monthly/quarterly/annual financial close, including development of processes and procedures to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy in financial reporting, as well as owning journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the close process in accordance with GAAP
- Manage the accounting operations functions including general ledger, payroll, fixed assets, cash, accounts payable, and T&E
- Oversee respective financial reporting systems including NetSuite, Floqast, Spendesk, TravelPerk, and Concur
- Provide leadership through training, managing, coaching and mentoring the EMEA accounting team and offshore Transaction Team
- Assist with year-end statutory financial statements under French GAAP and audit activities
- Ensure social and tax planning and compliance with French law requirements
- Partner regularly with FP&A, Business Operations, Marketing, Infrastructure, and other departments to support accounting functions
- Assist with scaling the Algolia’s accounting and finance team to support the growth and the ongoing projects
You might be a fit if you have:
- +5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Master’s degree, DSCG or MBA
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with understanding of French GAAP, and experience operating within SOX control environment is highly desired
- System and/or migration experience related to ERPs
- Strong attention to detail, high-level of personal excellence and accountability, and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) up and down the organization, from individuals and department leads
- Experience in managing staff
- Proficiency in Excel and Word and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Candidates must be authorized to work in France
- Fluent in English
NICE TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of US GAAP and experience in a Multi-GAAP environment
- A demonstrated experience in an international audit firm completed by a corporate experience
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!