Algolia is a fast growing company that helps users deliver intuitive search and discovery experiences on their websites and mobile apps. We provide APIs used by thousands of customers in more than 100 countries. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined!
We are responsible for developing solutions to create the best developer experience for our users through building on Algolia’s raw API, open source UI libraries, and other third party integrations. We are a cross functional team that works closely with the product, marketing, solutions engineering and architecture team to drive feature adoption and growth in the developer community.
This is an opportunity for someone to make an immense impact at a fast growing company. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally.
Do you like, or would you like to, craft code, tools and libraries for developers? Do you love to design a clean API solving real-world use cases? Then apply and let's chat about it.
Coming right from an engineer in the team : “As a developer, I use a ton of different libraries to achieve my goals of building applications. Now I can go to the next level and learn how to build tools for developers to build their applications. It's a whole different challenge, I do it in the open source world and engage with my users.”.
Your role will consist of:
- Develop open source demos for Vue InstantSearch, React InstantSearch, InstantSearch.js, Angular InstantSearch as well as JS API Client and so much more with the help of the team
- Implement new features, solve issues and analyze user's feedback on our popular open-source projects
- Coordinate with our product, design and marketing teams on the release of new projects and websites
- Take ownership, research, explore and deliver novel experiences
- Teach us what we don't know and how you want to improve the search and discovery experience
- Participate (new features, bug fixes) to other popular open-source projects related to our project needs
- Help define engineering best practices and processes
You might be a fit if you have:
- Experience working with Figma/Sketch/Photoshop to build Front-end integration
- You have created at least one reusable module (private or public)
- Experience with at least one of the following frameworks React, Angular, Vue.js or Ember.js
- A passion for shipping quality code. You have an eye for great user experiences (UX)
- Willingness to go beyond what you know today
- Ability to interact with contributors and customers
- Good oral and written communication in English
- Overall we care about your current and future skillset. Not where you studied or who do you know. We care about what you like to do and about what you'd like to do in the future, at Algolia.
- 3+ years of front-end development experience
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
We’re looking for someone who can live our values:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!