Algolia enables every company to create world-class Search and Discovery experiences with an API-first approach. Performance and Scalability is at the heart of our mission: we power 1.5 trillion searches a year, for 10K+ customers all over the world.
If you're a problem solver, able to think outside the box and eager to nurture others and learn from them, then this is your challenge!
We are looking for a developer passionate about adding value to the community. You are comfortable coding live and are willing to present to the developer community both online and, when it’s deemed safe again, in-person.
Your primary goal as a member of the Developer Relations team is to add value to developers and accelerate their success. This role will be focused on raising awareness of Algolia in the community by engaging developers and helping them learn and build with our products. You will meet developers where they are: in forums, chats, and in the social circles where they hang out.
You understand web and app tech stacks and are comfortable swapping between them. From the latest Next/Nuxt stack, to headless, to serverless functions, or back-to-the-basics PHP, you are able to translate problems to solutions by leveraging and building upon our extensive library of documents, snippets, and solutions.
We are open for this role to be remote anywhere in the US. You can also be part of our New York, Atlanta, Austin or San Francisco office. If you’re located in Europe, please click here for the same position.
IN YOUR ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Be a developer ambassador across all communities. Be the point of contact for our community on all social media platforms, proactively monitoring and engaging in conversations that mention Algolia.
- Own our community forum https://discourse.algolia.com. Engage with community members, share announcements, and be the point of contact for this platform.
- Identify, outreach, and build relationships with community members across different developer communities (Stack Overflow, Hackernews, Slack, and many others). Nurture these members to turn them into Algolia champions and regular contributors.
- Produce high quality demos, tools, packages and tutorials to address common user needs, best practices, emerging stacks, technologies and trends.
- Write code to support how-to content or presentations (e.g., our Live Coding Sessions).
- Gather community feedback, conduct analysis of community members' engagement trends, and provide deeper insights on outcomes.
- Contribute to our ambassador and reward programs, helping drive trust.
- Work closely with product and growth teams to improve product onboarding, test and bring new features to the community.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU:
- Are first and foremost a developer and are confident across multiple tech-stacks.
- Have solid experience developing applications (search experience is a plus).
- Have a passion for adding value to the community and helping other developers.
- Have excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Are comfortable engaging via live stream and (when it’s deemed safe) in-person.
- Have experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our customers and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!