Algolia is the industry’s leading search-as-a-service provider, the search experience of the world’s best brands. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 trillion searches a year, for 10K+ customers in over 200 countries and 70 languages. As a fast-growing company, we are looking for passionate talents to join the adventure.
You’ll be joining the Growth Team. The Growth team aims to help Algolia grow by providing the best possible user experience, which facilitates our users to realise the value of Algolia’s products.
You will be responsible for building ML solutions that tie into our Product Led Growth effort across the Algolia Product Portfolio. This is a unique opportunity to influence and contribute to all stages of product development and harness the power of machine learning for highly visible initiatives. Algolia is a successful and fast-growing company. By joining at this stage of the company you’ll be able to set the foundations of how the company will leverage data in the short and long term future.
You will build models that inform us how to think better about our PLG business. As part of this, you will build out propensity models for different cohorts of customers, define the lifecycle of customers on our platform, build sensing mechanisms that tell us when customers are approaching lifecycle transition points, and in the process help measure our business in ways we’re not currently able to. Your level of excellence and accountability allows you to report to executive leadership.
You may be a fit if you have:
- 8+ years of hands-on industry experience building supervised and unsupervised learning models
- A Masters or PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Strong background in Machine Learning, statistical inference or similar. Building predictive models is your game. You have knowledge about regression, deep neural networks, cross validation, naive bayes, feature extraction, feature engineering, overfitting, etc.
- Strong programming skills. Hands-on machine learning experience with Python and toolkits like PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Track record of building, shipping and maintaining machine learning models in a highly ambiguous and fast paced environment.
- Track record of defining new data science techniques and best practices that improve the ML model performance.
- Track record of designing and architecting large scale experiments and analysis which impact multiple teams and adjacent focus areas.
- Experience with Deep Learning and associated frameworks is a plus.
- Experience with data processing infrastructure such as Spark, Hadoop, SQL, Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Experience supporting product or growth teams
- Experience in the SaaS industry
- Experience working with executive leadership, across departments/teams
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, high growth, lots of change and building internal processes)
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!