To support Algolia’s rapid growth, we’re looking for a proven and collaborative Senior Accountant to join our team! As the Senior Accountant, you will support accounting operations and financial reporting. You will be pivotal in processes and systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information. The ideal candidate will have experience in general ledger and accounting operations. In this role, you will report directly to our Corporate Accounting Manager.
ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Champion full-cycle general ledger processes and provide best in class experience for our internal customers
- Assist with monthly financial reporting close in accordance with US GAAP, including preparation and/or detailed review of journal entries, account analysis, and general ledger reconciliations
- Manage, implement, and optimize accounting operations processes to ensure operational excellence and scalability
- Partner with cross-functional business partners and third parties to foster working relationships, implement best practices, support digital transformation initiatives, and drive continuous process improvements
- Facilitate audit requests from external auditors
- Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc requests as needed
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience; public accounting experience is highly desired
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with understanding of US GAAP, and experience operating within SOX control environment is highly desired
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work with large volumes of data with speed and accuracy.
- High-level of personal excellence and accountability, and proven ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Proficiency in ERP Systems (NetSuite preferred) and intermediate Excel skills
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies
- CPA or equivalent professional accountant designation a plus
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!