Algolia is expanding and professionalizing its Data / BI Platform. A key component of this platform is a next generation business intelligence and analytics platform called Looker. Algolia uses Looker as the technology of choice for data visualization, dashboarding and reporting. Looker is developed by building semantic layers on top of data which can auto generate performant SQL queries.
The Looker Solutions Architect will be responsible for building out robust architecture, coding best practices, and support materials to enable the organization to use Looker more effectively. The Looker Solutions Architect will work closely with our internal data engineering, data governance team and data stewards to tap into our data warehouses in an efficient, organized, and scalable manner,
- Re-evaluate the existing Looker implementation against industry best practices
- Formulate & plan areas for improvement
- Contribute “hands-on” to the execution of these improvement areas
YOUR DAY-TO_DAY ACTIVITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Creating best-in-class end user experiences on Looker through the maintenance of LookML code, design of user-friendly explores, and enablement via robust documentation
- Partnering with the data engineering team to expose and manage the inclusion of new data sources
- Acting as a Looker subject matter expert for data stewards and data consumers to understand their needs and develop end-to-end solutions
- Conduct office hours and / or Training to evangelize Looker best practices
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Authorization to work in the USA
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in technical discipline; Master's preferred
- 5+ years or of Looker experience (other BI platform experience is a plus)
- LookML Developer Certified
- Familiarity with Git
- Strong proficiency in LookML development
- Experience using PDTs, Liquid Variables/Parameters
- Strong proficiency in SQL, query optimization, and business intelligence tools
- Experience in consulting and leading projects
- Experience in designing/installing/maintaining a self-hosted Looker instance.
- Experience in embedding Looker into custom applications
- Experience with Looker Data Actions and/or using the Action Hub
- Experience extracting data from a variety of sources, and a desire to expand those skills (expertise in SQL is mandatory and experience with DBT is greatly appreciated)
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to demonstrate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Comfortable in presentation settings with C-level executives
- Confidence to clearly articulate information
- Ability and desire to take initiative and identify gaps in an implementation plan
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Capability to stay calm and defuse high stake situations
- Capacity to travel as needed and requested (when normal business travel practices resume)
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!