Algolia is the industry’s leading search-as-a-service provider, the search experience of the world’s best brands. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 trillion searches a year, for 10K+ customers in over 200 countries and 70 languages. As a fast-growing company, we are looking for passionate talents to join the adventure.
You’ll be joining the R&D Ops Team. The R&D Ops team helps the R&D organization envision, design and implement desired future state operating models and processes to deliver on organizational and functional objectives. The R&D organization includes Engineering and Product departments and represents 120+ people today with an ambitious hiring plan.
As a Senior Data Analyst working closely with the Product team. Your mission is to translate the data available in different tools to facilitate the decision-making process related to the product roadmap. Your analysis skills and data-driven insights will help us understand the underlying data behind our users and products, power strategic decisions and unlock business opportunities for the company.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Support Product Managers and R&D leadership (CTO & CPO) by developing clear and well-structured data reports/dashboards
- Produce both high-level and in-depth analyses with appropriate and insightful trend commentaries capable of generating tangible actions and informing strategic decisions
- Create collaborative processes from scratch with the Product and Data teams
- Be the owner of consistency tracking and quality between Product and Tech Teams
- Identify and communicate data opportunities that could drive business
- Drive a self-service data culture within the team and act as a data governance champion in the R&D organization
- Work collaboratively with R&D team members (such as product managers, engineering, user research) ; and with Data team members (such as data engineers, data architect, data analysts)
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Advanced level in SQL
- Advanced level in Excel/Gsheet
- Advanced level in Looker
- Experience with project ownership from conceptualization to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Experience championing and applying Data Governance principles
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven track-record of working with complex data environments
- Ability to establish relationships and build rapport in order to influence decisions at all levels, across both business or technical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with effective listening, and strong collaborative attitude, share clear status updates, challenge and refine the metrics
- Ability to thrive in a hybrid remote organization, being collaborative and supportive
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience supporting product or growth teams
- Experience in the SaaS industry
- Knowledge of and experience with data related tools (we use Einstein, dbt, Segment, Amplitude)
- Knowledge of and experience with Cloud Platform (AWS)
- Experience with running regression models through machine learning to support critical business metrics
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!