At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
To ensure our users make the most out of Algolia’s powerful features, we need to first make sure that they understand our offerings and are able to set everything up quickly.
The Growth team aims to help Algolia grow by providing the best possible user experience, which facilitates our users to realise the value of Algolia’s products. You will get to shape the user experience of our customers as they start using Algolia, help create a brand new Growth platform as Algolia moves from a single product to a multi product company, mentor software engineers, and introduce best practices.
Come work with our multicultural and diverse team consisting of PMs Shilpa & Robin, engineers Aoife, Julia & Maxime and designers Nana & Yana! We are a remote first organisation with more than half of the Growth team working remotely (🇫🇷 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇺🇸).
Your role will consist of:
- Coming up with innovative solutions to help users get the most out of Algolia
- Executing experiments and A/B tests to choose the best possible solution
- Mentoring junior software engineers and helping them grow
- Designing & developing a scalable growth platform
- Working with a wide range of teams to deliver a solid growth foundation
- Improving engineering quality, processes and tooling
- Helping define the team roadmap (we follow a bottom-up approach: we choose our own target metrics and the path to reach them)
You might be a fit if:
- Passion about delivering the best UX to diverse sets of users in various industries (engineers, marketers, merchandisers, etc.)
Mindset to take data driven decisions and analysing impact of the changes you introduce
Experience with a server-side scripting language (we use Ruby, however languages can be learned - your engineering proficiency is more important than any particular language)
[Note] We don’t consider it necessary to have a bachelors/masters degree in Computer Science. We value diverse backgrounds and experiences!
Nice to have:
- Experience as an engineer in a Growth team
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!