At Algolia, we are passionate about our customers and their engineering success, and we are looking for a leader to join our fast-growing organization. We are looking for a Manager who will be responsible to mentor, coach, and lead a team of Technical Account Managers. The Technical Account Management team are the true partners to our customers. Working closely with them to consult, educate and support customers of all sizes in the implementation of the Algolia Platform
In this role, you will guide your team to take the lead on designing technical solutions, solving issues, educating and enabling our customers, as well as helping foster long-lasting relationships. This is a role that requires strong technical skills, customer experience, account management skills, and the ability to marry business requirements with technical requirements. You will help inspire, coach, and guide the team to achieve their goals. You will work closely with our Customer Success Management, Solutions Engineering, Services, and Product leadership to ensure customers are successful.
We want a manager who can guide and grow the team and isn’t afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty. We expect you to take ownership and be able to execute without defined processes and implicit direction. We're looking for candidates who raise the level of our teams. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Directly manage and grow a team of Technical Account Managers
- Ensure the team is proactively working with customers to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators, and aid the customer in achieving their goals.
- Mentor team members through observation of their work and develop learning plans to improve their abilities, skills and knowledge of the Algolia platform, engineering integration patterns, and client facing skills.
- Engage in customer meetings to help deliver value and remove barriers to growth
- Drive development and utilization of Technical Playbooks and activities with the full customer life cycle
- Partner with Solutions Engineering leaders to ensure a cohesive customer experience
- Report monthly to CS and Sales leadership on team impact and customer segment trends
- Work with your team to discuss, plan and implement process improvements
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Direct experience managing a team of Technical Account Managers, Solutions Engineers, Solutions Architects or Services Teams.
- Support ongoing team growth and team member career development including recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring Technical Account Managers
- An engineering background centered around web technology and proficiency in one programming language (JS, Python, Java, C# etc.)
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity;
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, you name it;
- Everything you need to be efficient;
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences;
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French);
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents;
- Charitable contribution matching;
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!