We’re on a mission to make Algolia a data-driven organisation, and we’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data team and help us get there.
Our Data team aims at helping other teams make better decisions by providing relevant data while ensuring its integrity and its consistency. This team has a significant impact as we work closely with business analysts on our Operations, Marketing, Product and Infrastructure teams to help them discover meaningful trends.
On a daily-basis, you will work on:
- Developing data pipelines and ETL workflows with Python, Airflow and Spark managed on AWS.
- Improving and maintaining our data warehouse (AWS Redshift).
- Build data models with dbt to be used by Analysts on business reports.
- Interacting with Engineering and Business teams to understand requirements.
We are very open-minded and happy to experiment new technologies to achieve our goals and we try to continuously challenge our choices on that topic. You will have the opportunity to make some decisions going in that direction.
As a senior joining the team, your goal will also be to mentor junior engineers and help them grow to be successful at Algolia.
With Algolia’s rapid growth, there will be many data-related challenges that will need to be tackled!
Are you ready for the challenge?
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Design, build, enrich and maintain our data pipelines and admin tools.
- Work with engineers and business analysts to capture and model data.
- Setup reports and dashboards to improve company productivity.
- Monitor data integrity and growth.
- Ensure every product is released with a data-driven approach.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience modelling data warehouses.
- Strong experience designing and building data pipelines.
- Experience orchestrating pipelines with Airflow.
- Professional knowledge of Python.
- Experience working with cloud platforms and designing them.
- Interest in understanding the data and business requirements.
- An authorisation to work in the EU.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required.
- Humble, curious, proactive and demonstrates a balance between creativity, scrappy and pragmatism.
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience using and managing AWS Redshift.
- Experience with a parallel data processing framework such as Apache Spark.
- Experience analysing data quality using dbt.
- Experience or desire to learn about infrastructure topics.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!