Algolia is part of a cadre of companies that are driving the next generation of software development. Companies like Algolia, Stripe, Twilio et al are creating composable APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch using AWS APIs and better than the old way of having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
We need your help in telling our story. Most people know us for our best in class Search API that’s used to build amazing in-app and web experiences, leveraged by Twilio, Twitch, Stripe, Strava; leading retailers like Under Armour and Staples; and chosen by Google to be their Search partner for Firebase. You will be a key part of the team that’s crafting our bigger platform story, creating the thought leadership necessary to drive adoption of this new way of developing software.
You will have come from an API/dev-tech company, and will be responsible for creating our story as it relates to follow technologies (developers, Dev Ops, technical product managers, IT, architects, etc), creating high quality technically credible content across webinars, conference talks, blogs, podcasts, reference architectures, etc. This role reports to the VP of Product Marketing, alongside the other product marketers, customer marketing, and content marketing.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Crafting new and creative ways to leverage our positioning by combining an eye for business needs with technical feasibility - driving the technical win by demonstrating what is possible, and inspiring business stakeholders and developers.
- Partner closely with Product Management and Revenue to understand the needs of the technical audience, mapping them to Algolia capabilities and owning external facing product roadmap updates.
- Building a deep product knowledge and conducting market, competitor, and customer research to capture insights and assess market opportunities and craft sales demo flows and scripts.
- Creating compelling stories from metrics and ROI data through strong analytical skills and market sizing by connecting with customer software engineers, architects, business users and C-level executives to establish technical credibility, project feasibility and prove business cases.
- Constantly iterating on new and creative ways to drive greater impact through written and visual content.
- Work with our internal product and engineering teams to push our product to the limit and feedback on how it stands up in the field.
- Work on the forefront of one of the fastest growing SaaS businesses on the planet - new revenue is the life and blood of any business and if you've ever thought about creating a startup or expanding your network, this is an excellent opportunity to grow and learn in a way that goes far beyond just coding.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 5+ years of direct experience building and managing product marketing programs in a dev-tech/API/DevOps software company
- Strong desire to help people solve problems and an attention to detail
- Experience implementing a product marketing framework and driving successful product acquisition across the user life-cycle
- Experience in technology for developers, API tool is a plus
- Demonstrated success in highly collaborative partnerships with other marketing and cross-functional leaders both inside and outside the company to achieve goals
- Strong creativity and problem-solving skills
- Top-notch presentation skills so you can stand in front of any customer or executive and make the case for your products.
- The drive to get things done through effective project management and influence others.
- A love of learning how to build things and figuring out how best to demonstrate the technical benefits of the product for a developer audience.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Charitable contribution matching
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Catered lunches on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Workout Wednesdays w/ personal trainer
- Bi-monthly meditation sessions
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!