Algolia is part of a cadre of companies that are driving the next generation of software development. Companies like Algolia, Stripe, Twilio et al provide API based solutions that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch using open source and more flexible than the monolithic approach of legacy software vendors. . Algolia is leveraged by more than 10,000 companies including Twilio, Twitch, Stripe, Strava and has been chosen by Google to be their Search partner for Firebase.
We need your help in telling our story to retail and eCommerce organizations, and in creating the thought leadership necessary to drive the adoption of this new way of developing software. We are looking for an experienced product marketer with an in-depth knowledge of the digital transformation challenges of large retail or eCommerce organizations. You have a passion for building effective marketing campaigns and content that addresses the industry specific pain points. This role will sit at the intersection of Product Management and Marketing to create the playbooks needed to engage our prospects and customers and to tell the story.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Research and continuously learn about the company and the market, sourcing ideas from internal and external resources, blogs, the media.
- Building the playbooks for Retail & eCommerce industry campaigns focused on solutions for market specific pain points and creating compelling content across the marketing funnel.
- Creating a structure to get on-going feedback and requirements from representative Retail & eCommerce customers, and relay that intel back to our product, alliances, and marketing teams.
- Partnering with industry experts in the field to create a repeatable model for customer engagement across the sales lifecycle.
- Working with enablement to drive the industry playbook across the various sales roles, from SDR to account executives and sales engineers.
- Being the public face of Retail & eCommerce thought leadership at virtual events and demand gen activities such as webinars.
- Working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market
- Managing highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track
- Learning how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Thriving in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience in Retail or selling/marketing to Retailers Ecommerce/IT/Digital teams and know the mind of the Retail buyer, have participated in NRF, Retail West, etc.
- Grit: this core value of Algolia is well demonstrated on our content team’s ability to produce quality and quantity, and work with hard deadlines and competing priorities
- Making sure everything you write has a clear place and goal on the customer journey, and is tied to our marketing and broader organization growth goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Versatility and intellectual curiosity: you are excited to learn about our product, different verticals and content landscapes
- Tech curiosity: no code or experience in tech? No problem. You are, however, not afraid to learn: dig into our product and learn the tech and industry vocabulary
- Ability to do systematic, deep research on a variety of topics
- Interpersonal skills: you love engaging internal stakeholders, influencers, customers and prospects for interviews, opinions and stories
NICE TO HAVE:
- Content marketing acumen: well-versed in content production, publishing, and amplification
- Experience in eCommerce
- Experience in B2B or B2D software industry
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!