The Technical Account Manager (TAM) serves as a designated technical contact and a trusted advisor to Algolia’s customers. The TAM is the key member of the team for all technical topics including customer onboarding, training and ensuring the resolution of complex issues with the full context and understanding of the customers’ specific product and technology environment.
A true technical partner to our customers, TAMs consult, educate, and support our customers to drive best in class implementations that meet our customers’ business and functional requirements. Over time TAMs proactively monitor, plan, and identify areas of improvement with our customers for key events and ensure growth is managed effectively.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Serve as the primary point of contact, develop and lead the technical relationships for a named set of accounts
- Guide customers through onboarding of Algolia consulting and educating them to create a best in class implementation
- Work closely with your account’s Customer Success Manager to ensure the customer’s long term health.
- Manage a diverse and complex scope of issues across multiple client engagements
- Effectively troubleshoot, properly document, and regularly update customer’s support issues
- Submit software bug reports to the Engineering team for problems needing attention
- Partner with Product Teams and Engineering to develop subject matter expertise and serve as a product expert to your customers
- Develop, maintain and present comprehensive case status reports to customers on a regularly scheduled meeting
- Proactively identify and work with the customer to resolve technical risks and bottlenecks
- Provide guidance on how to optimize the use of their environment
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with REST API, database management, and web development technologies
- Strong desire to help people solve problems with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a broad audience
- Proficiency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone and email channels
- Excellence in time management, task prioritization, and evaluation of situational urgency
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Familiarity with iOS & Android platforms
- Experience supporting open-source projects & their GitHub communities
- Experience with Shopify, Magento, and Salesforce.com a plus
- French speaking is a plus
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!