Out of Hours Customer Services Officer
The role will involve taking a variety of calls on behalf of a number of Local Authority and Housing Association clients. The successful candidate will be assisting service users and residents in identifying and resolving the problems they present. This can range from signposting customers to external agencies, handling calls concerning major emergencies within any of the Boroughs we support or dealing with social care enquiries.
You will be working as part of an Out of Hours team and therefore will need to take a flexible approach to your working hours.
Experience of handling calls on behalf of a local authority or a good understanding of housing/social care is desirable, but full training will be provided.
Essential Qualifications or Skills required: Verbal Communication & Telephony Skills, Listening, Data Entry Skills, People Skills, Customer Service, Attention to Detail, Professionalism & Multi-tasking.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
1. To accurately record & maintain information using multiple systems/databases
2. The ability to work unsupervised and make assessments based on information provided at first point of contact.
3. To escalate calls to external agencies where necessary
4. Maintain awareness of any updates regarding procedural changes.
5. To have a good understanding of GDPR & The Data Protection Act & ensure this is being adhered to when exchanging information.
6. To utilise appropriate IT systems and processes to manage and record customer contacts and ensure appropriate information is collected.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time.
8. To participate in training programmes when required to take calls for new Services as and when they join the Contact Centre.
· Demonstrate competence in providing a high level of Customer Service and deliver a high standard of calls in a confident, professional & friendly manner
· Previous experience of working within a customer focused environment
· Demonstrate the ability to understand different procedures and retain information across a number of different campaigns.
· Knowledge of how local authorities or other large organisations operate.
· Experience of working within the housing or social care sector.
· Able to communicate clearly and openly displaying excellent listening skills at all times.
· Demonstrate ability to work and adhere to Customer Service Standards and Values.
· To work flexibly and co-operatively to ensure that operational service priorities are met.
· Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines under pressure
What's in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EOT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme.
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.