Technical Design Architect – North Somerset
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Design Architect to join our team in North Somerset.
You will be a clear, confident and professional communicator with the ability to communicate and interact with clients, stakeholders, senior management and colleagues. You will have a broad understanding of IT systems, architectures and infrastructures with the ability to translate these into innovative and effective solutions to business needs
How will you spend your days?
In this role you can expect to focus on improving BAU service delivery and the following areas:
- Drive continuous service improvement initiatives to ensure a stable and reliable service
- Provide technical oversight of all internal and customer projects as they transition into BAU
- Technical oversight of RFC’s
- Maintenance of the Product Lifecycle Roadmap and involvement with technical oversight and ownership of all deprecation activity – e.g. Win2008 and SQL 2008 upgrades
- Maintenance and currency of the Business Application Architecture documentation detailing the technical estate
- Review solution delivery with the Agilisys Design Authority and Project Management to ensure compliance with defined strategy and architecture and assess the impact of deviations
- Champion the use of good design principles and ensure that non-functional requirements such as scalability, security, availability, reliability and performance are addressed
- Communicate complex IT architecture in business terms to internal and external stakeholders at all levels and explain how solutions/strategies address their current and future needs
- Mentor and coach less experienced team members, embedding the technical architecture strategy in their thinking and delivery, and encourage collaborative sharing of best practices and design patterns
- Support and encourage innovation through continuous review and appraisal of the developments in technology and assess how these will impact our solutions, business and architecture strategy
- Assist with bids for new work and build business cases for new technology implementations
- Providing support and advice in end user migration methodologies and techniques
- Maintains knowledge of IT infrastructure architecture, standards and practices and consistently applies these standards
- Ensure that Target End User architectures are flexible and support the business needs by maintaining an understanding of business strategies and infrastructure capabilities
- Create and maintain technical documentation to facilitate efficient planning, execution and support within BAU
How to stand out?
- Proven experience architecting and delivering solutions within large scale IT projects and environments
- Experience in public and private cloud environments; big data analytics; building scalable and extensible platforms using services and micro-services
- Experience in leading and shaping architecture resources, capabilities and strategy
- Experience in understanding and creating commercial models and their practical application.
- Experience and good understanding of managing multiple, complex client relationships
- Solid experience and understanding of IT governance processes
- Demonstrable experience in End User design, Application rationalization and presentation.
What are the essentials?
- Successfully presents technical information to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven sales and demonstration capabilities
- Extensive knowledge of, but not limited to, UML, TOGAFF, n-Tier technologies and architectures, Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud architectures
What’s in it for you?
We’re based across the UK operating out of various customer sites, with London being our company headquarters. We offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the Employee Benefits Trust
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy more)
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to employ a workforce that reflects and incorporates the talents of our diverse community.
We are committed to building a culture that recognises the value of diversity among our people, and where everyone feels included and valued irrespective and indeed because of their differences. We endeavor to ensure that everyone is treated with fairness, dignity, and respect and that they can perform at their very best.
We are a member of the Digital Inclusion Charter - a public commitment by digital organisations to help more people go digital. In addition, we are a signatory of the Tech Talent Charter, which means that we have made a number of pledges in relation to our approach to recruitment and retention. Our unique employee-owned status also allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in ensuring Agilisys is an inclusive organisation.
While we've made some great progress so far, we know that there is still more to do. We are continuously looking for ways to further strengthen our culture of inclusion and diversify our workforce