Senior Bid Manager
The Senior Bid Manager will be part of the central bid function and be responsible for managing the end-to-end bid process and producing professionally written bid and proposal content. This role will have day-to-day responsibility for a managing a portfolio of bid responses for private/public sector opportunities and will be required to deliver compelling and impactful content centred on customer requirements with a clearly defined value proposition.
The key responsibilities are:
- Specialising in the writing & continued improvement of high scoring content for bids and proposals
- Curate win themes and value propositions.
- Storyboard technical responses with SME input
- Evaluating and building bid/response plan to successfully deliver the pipeline of bid work
- Producing a costed Bid Plan based on resource planning and gaining authorisation for the plan
- Effectively using and maintaining the Bid Library (and other bid infrastructure)
- Develop and assist new bid/proposal content creation and document development
- Monitoring bid progress and resolving issues and problems
- Re-write/edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, technical/product teams, commercial, legal and delivery
- Arranging independent Red Team review of the proposal
- Recording, analysing and managing issues, risks, changes and dependencies during the bid
- Where possible/appropriate, provide guidance and direction on the procurement of technologies; developing cost effective solutions to business requirements, optimising technologies already used and identifying suitable replacements and advancements
What we are looking for
- Specialised writing experience and ability
- Good broad technical understanding of ICT landscape
- Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level
- Strong time management/prioritisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Extremely dependable and self-sufficient
- Team player with strong work ethic
- Knowledge of the public sector (and their procurement processes) a significant plus
- Sound commercial understanding beneficial
- Excellent Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What’s in it for you?
We’re based across the UK operating out of various customer sites, with London being our company headquarters. We offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the Employee Benefits Trust
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy more)
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to employ a workforce that reflects and incorporates the talents of our diverse community.
We are committed to building a culture that recognises the value of diversity among our people, and where everyone feels included and valued irrespective and indeed because of their differences. We endeavor to ensure that everyone is treated with fairness, dignity, and respect and that they can perform at their very best.
We are a member of the Digital Inclusion Charter - a public commitment by digital organisations to help more people go digital. In addition, we are a signatory of the Tech Talent Charter, which means that we have made a number of pledges in relation to our approach to recruitment and retention. Our unique employee-owned status also allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in ensuring Agilisys is an inclusive organisation.
While we've made some great progress so far, we know that there is still more to do. We are continuously looking for ways to further strengthen our culture of inclusion and diversify our workforce.