HEAD OF PROJECTS
As the Head of the Partnership Projects team, you will take accountability for the oversight and successful delivery of projects within the States of Guernsey technology portfolio and for managing the interface between the Partnership Projects team within Agilisys and our customer.
Reporting into the Partnership Director you will be responsible for commissioning and executing new project activity. You will be accountable for the delivery and completion of projects to a high quality, and to time and budget as well as providing quality assurance across the portfolio of projects and programmes. In addition, you will be the main project team interface between the client and the central teams, responsible for building exemplar client relationships to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Plan for and secure all the necessary delivery resource as per the project plans.
- Plan, monitor and oversee projects through all phases of the project lifecycle to time and quality indicators, liaising with delivery teams to ensure they meet the client specification.
- Manage project escalations and issues to satisfactory resolution on behalf of delivery teams and the client according to the agreed governance processes.
- Ensure project assurance through the effective review and monitoring of projects and programmes within the account from proposal stage.
- Line-manage the delivery team effectively through the life of the projects.
- Effectively develop and manage stakeholder relationships to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded.
- Manage the production of the required commercial outcomes, whilst ensuring the delivery teams meet the technical and quality standards expected while ensuring the same levels of quality within the client’s portfolio.
- Ensure customer billing is executed as per the parameters defined within the contractual obligations and commercials are managed appropriately.
- Manage and ensure all aspects of a project lifecycle are delivered within the client’s portfolio, including but not limited to:
- Overseeing project plans including resource and cost estimates for the delivery teams.
- Managing project issues and risks (including the development of issue resolution and risk mitigation plans).
- Change control and configuration management.
- Champion the internal use and uptake of the internal SharePoint site Projects Hub with the project team.
- Reporting through agreed reporting lines internally and externally through status presentations and highlight reports.
- Manage the goods and services provided by third party suppliers.
- Agree and maintain a forecast pipeline view of future projects and programmes through the GTB.
- Passion and enthusiasm to drive and deliver business improvement, demonstrating initiative and commerciality in achieving results.
- Detailed knowledge of an industry recognised project management methodology, ideally PRINCE2.
- Competent in the use and application of MS Project and MS Excel functionality.
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects simultaneously and delivering business benefit to the client.
- Current and up to date knowledge of the major trends within the market which drive the transformation required to meet the strategic agenda of clients.
- A working knowledge of IT infrastructure architecture principles (e.g. server, networks, databases, storage, and user access devices).
- Demonstrable client, team and stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
- Ability to engage in a culture of continuous learning and development.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to agree and baseline customer requirements through effective stakeholder engagement.
- Domain knowledge in the public sector and their lines of business is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of effective leadership within a customer facing projects unit.
- Proven experience of effectively coaching, mentoring and motivating project teams.
- Excellent understanding of core project financial disciplines such as profit and loss accounting, revenue, cost and cash flow forecasting.
What's in it for you?
Agilisys is an employee owned organisation that delivers success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK. We are one of the UK's most innovative IT services providers, delivering transformation through a suite of world-class citizen-centric technology products as well as centres of operational excellence around the UK.
At Agilisys, we are passionate about people who are passionate about technology and digital disruption. We pride ourselves on our integrity towards our colleagues and our clients, and strive to be the transformation and operating partner of choice to the public sector.
We are collaborative in the way we work, and our agile and fast paced environment poses many opportunities for exposure to new technologies and ways of working. As an Employee Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a real say in the direction that the business is heading
In addition to salary, training and a wonderful office environment, we offer the following corporate benefits:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the Employee Benefits Trust, you can make a difference in the future of our organisation.
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme.
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.