The Agilisys Cloud Practice is growing rapidly and sits at the heart of how Agilisys is seeking to become the “Technology Partner of Choice for the UK Public Sector.” We are looking for an individual that advocates for Agilisys’ cloud services with clients, and who embodies the core Agilisys values of Partnership, Integrity, Innovation and Passion.
The Cloud Architect is an important role that will provide architectural and engineering delivery across the practice’s cloud migration programmes and engagements.
As a recognised expert within their field, the role holder will be actively engaged within cloud programmes providing high level technical and low-level technical designs for cloud migration projects. The role will use existing discovery artefacts to aid with the future state architecture as well as being involved in the application migration project workstreams, using tools such as ASR, River Meadow, Carbonite.
This is a full-time role, and will require some travel, however, we are flexible with location such as home-based for the right candidate
How will you spend your days?
This role is involved in all aspects of cloud technologies such as, but not limited to, compute, storage, security, DR, PaaS, migration tooling, networking. The role holder will be experienced in Hybrid cloud solutions as well as native. The role will require presentations to the Agilisys Technical Design Authority procedures, and client presentations/workshops
- Manage a team of cloud engineers with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Lead architect for cloud project workstreams, designing the appropriate cloud environments for clients, including health and other public sector organisations, to an Official Sensitive compliant standard
- Draft and completion of High-Level Design and Low-Level Design documentation
- Synchronisation of data and systems to migrate servers and applications to the cloud
- Building public cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud services and configuration using Infrastructure as Code and/or manual processes.
- Lead infrastructure and cloud consultancy engagements as an individual or leading a team for clients
- Conduct system validation and performance testing and compile runbooks and reports
- Analysis of applications and systems based on cloud and on-premises infrastructure and servers to define and execute migration run-books
- Remediation of infrastructure issues and support of testing prior to, and during, migrations and early life support for applications
- Root cause analysis of faults and identification and remediation of incidents
- Leading a delivery unit including engineers and other architects to deliver a migration programme deliverable
How to stand out?
You will have an established track record of cloud architecture experience within the IT infrastructure sector, defining methodologies for build and application migration, standard artefacts and preferably, delivering to enterprise scale clients. In addition, at least 3 years of experience designing solutions deployed using cloud technologies is key, you will hold at least one appropriate AWS and/or Azure professional certification.
Ideally, you will also have experience of working within or with the UK public sector and will have contributed to responding to a technical opportunity through an OJEU or framework process. Where public sector experience is not in place, you should have played a similar role responding to a formal procurement process to an organisation of at least 3,000 staff in size.
What’s in it for you?
We’re based across the UK operating out of various customer sites, with London, Hammersmith being our company headquarters. We offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EOT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy more)
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership