Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm’s Compliance team implements a compliance program that enables Affirm to proactively adhere to regulatory requirements while also identifying and addressing potential regulatory issues that may arise. As a second line of defense, Compliance proactively partners with the business to support new products, markets, initiatives, change management, issue identification and remediation plans, and assessment/monitoring of third parties.
Affirm is actively seeking a Compliance Lead to support certain critical compliance management program elements. In this role, the Compliance Lead will help to administer Compliance’s Testing Program. This includes completing reviews to ensure compliance with federal/state regulations, identifying gaps and deficiencies with regulatory compliance concerns, collaborate with cross functional partners including Legal, Operations, Product, Engineering and senior management to resolve identified issues and further build out our compliance program. This role will report to the Senior Compliance Manager and will be required to work independently and cross-functionally.
What You'll Do:
- Perform ongoing compliance testing and reporting on adherence to compliance program and federal/state regulatory requirements.
- Work closely and cross-functionally with multiple departments (Compliance, Legal, Risk, Product, etc.) while completing reviews.
- Support a very fast paced business with tight deadlines while providing diligent and detailed work product.
- Collaborate with management to identify improvements to current processes or propose new processes to strengthen internal controls.
- Coordinate the execution of the compliance risk assessment and control inventory, including collecting and documenting results.
- Serve as an expert in the area of regulatory compliance and how it applies to new and/or revised products and services.
- Continuously improve internal compliance processes relating to the Compliance Testing Program.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of professional work experience in Compliance Testing, or Audit.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact Affirm’s business.
- Experience in completing end-to-end compliance testing activities.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Inquisitive and proactive in proposing creative and effective solutions and ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly present complex and sensitive issues.
- Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages, including Google docs, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Must be detail oriented, thorough, and well organized.
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $105,600 - $147,800
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $95,000 - $133,100
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire. We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.