Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We are seeking a highly motivated Engineering Manager to join our Debit+ team and help fulfill our vision to deliver innovative financial products and features that provide new levels of accessibility and flexibility to our users. We are experiencing explosive growth with millions of customers across thousands of merchants in-store and online, and your leadership will be a key enabler of that growth. Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You'll Do
- Lead and grow a team passionate about scaling our new debit card product, providing technical leadership for the team, while having a detailed understanding of our business, company goals, roadmap and resource plans.
- Recruit, hire, and retain top talent for the team.
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals by leveraging relevant resources and data.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations to jointly make decisions vital to deliver to a high-quality, reliable, robust product and service.
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations.
- Cultivate a respectful and supportive environment for all team members that effectively leverages the diversity of the team.
What We Look For
- 4-6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 2+ years as an engineering manager.
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining financial products, especially high-traffic payment processors preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be proficient in asynchronous mode of communication–written tech specs, wiki, project plans, etc.
- Excellent project management skills–high degree of organization and ability to surface critical information effectively.
- Work with our Product team to extend our core decisioning service; building new risk and fraud mitigation features
- Passion for working with multi-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Expert at synthesizing sophisticated business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Experience scaling systems in a service oriented architecture preferred but not required.
- Experience working with international teams preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,792 - 32,233 PLN
- Type of employment: Contract of Employment
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- This role is eligible for creative tax benefits, subject to applicable law and company policy
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
**This job description is not a contractual document, and is not intended to have binding force.**
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.