Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We are working to build innovative products and technologies that support our mission! We are looking for an experienced Technology Senior Manager of Data Analytics to contribute to the ongoing development of the Internal Audit function and to Affirm’s efforts to achieve compliance with requirements associated with its business objectives. The Senior Audit Manager will directly assist the VP of Internal Audit and the full department with implementing Continuous Auditing and Data Analytics capabilities to impact and influence positive business outcomes!
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with the VP of IA, Vertical Leads and IA Partners to build and implement a Continuous Auditing and Data Analytics program that is commensurate with the size and needs of Affirm.
- Own, lead and implement a Continuous Auditing (CA) and Data Analytics (DA) strategy that will translate into a running list of CA and DA use cases that can automate the evaluation of the design and efficiency of controls.
- Understand and identify an inventory of applications, databases, and data warehouses across Affirm.
- Assist and contribute to our Internal Audit strategy and roadmap.
- Train and develop team members to expand the team’s knowledge and ability to write queries and independently perform data analytics and continuous auditing
- Able to operate in an ambiguous and constantly evolving environment, as well as highly capable of carrying out work independently and leading resources and budgets.
- Ensure overall quality and consistency of CA and DA work, and alignment to department and professional standards for audits. Continuously seek opportunities for audit process improvement.
- Manage and implement CA and DA scenarios. This includes identifying and analyzing risks, planning and prioritizing the work, conducting interviews, observing systems and operations. Developing queries and testing strategies, including techniques to confirm the completeness and accuracy of the data used in data analytics and continuous audit testing.
- Identify and develop audit techniques including continuous auditing, data analysis and monitoring using the Affirm platform and technology.
- Identify and promote audit standard methodologies associated with the use of Affirm’s core platforms, applications and capabilities.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with management, learning and understanding the business to better provide valuable services, establishing credibility as a data analytics and internal controls expert.
- Continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, our industry, and Affirm products and information through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
- Adhere to and align with applicable federal & state laws and regulatory guidance, as well as Affirm policies and procedures.
What we look for:
- 10-12+ years of project management, data analytics and scripting capabilities (example: SQL, Python, R etc.) and reporting tools (Looker, Tableau etc.) with a combination of industry and consulting experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Data Analytics. Appropriate certifications and training in data analytics (i.e. AWS Certified Data Analyst, Snowflake Training etc.), auditing certifications are also preferred (i.e. CIA, CPA, CISA, CISSP or equivalent).
- Experience building and managing a Continuous auditing and Data Analytics program, including automating common analyses and recurring audit check procedures. Extracting data from data warehouses and databases (example: SQL DB's and Snowflake). Designing and maintaining Continuous Auditing queries and dashboards, developing controls to maintain the integrity of the data and queries used for analytics and execution of multiple projects.
- Experience developing, implementing, and maintaining analytics dashboards that address financial/operating and technology objectives.
- Demonstrated experience, skills and knowledge with IIA Professional Practices and Standards.
- Experience in FinTech, Financial Services, Retail, SaaS or technology-related companies is highly preferred.
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.