Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We are looking for a smart, proactive and experienced individual to join as a Treasury Lead. Treasury is responsible for the cash management and operations, funding and liquidity planning; and balance sheet risk management of a rapidly growing FinTech company. As we continue to scale the treasury capabilities, the ideal candidate should be able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment with an eagerness to learn and grow.
What You’ll Do
- Support all treasury related functions with a focus on funding and liquidity risk management
- Maintain and improve a suite of current risk reporting (e.g. origination volume and forecasting trend, Early Warning Indicators, liquidity status, liquidity and funding, IRR, FX and Capital KRIs...etc) to support proactive identification of adverse risk trends
- Design and implement new Treasury reporting and analytics capabilities
- Partner with Capital Product and Engineer team to automate funding and liquidity risk management
- Design and enhance Liquidity Stress Testing and Contingency Funding Plan to set up the funding and liquidity playbook under stress events
- Support periodic funding and liquidity planning and forecasting to ensure all business segments are effectively funded while meeting other prioritized financial and risk objectives
- Support annual recalibration of balance sheet risk limits and early warning indicators as part of the Liquidity and Funding risk management framework
- Work cross-functionally with Capital Markets, Quantitative Markets, Treasury Engineering, Strategic Finance, and Treasury Product teams
What We Look For
- 5+ years of financial services experience in treasury or related financial function
- Demonstrable experience at lending institution and have familiarity with financial market funding instruments such as warehouse facilities, securitization and forward flow programs
- Possess strong analytical quantitative capabilities with statistical modeling knowledge and background
- Proactive self-starter who is eager to learn and broaden treasury knowledge and skill set
- Effective communicator with an ability to synthesize complex messages to a variety of stakeholders
- Knowledge and/or experience should include: Excel, PowerPoint, VBA, Python, and Bloomberg
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA28
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.