Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for a driven, analytically-minded professional to join the Growth Analytics team. The team is responsible for the research, reporting and experimentation necessary to build outstanding repayment products. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, prior background in credit or financial services industry, an eagerness to work cross-functionally, curiosity to learn more every day, and patience to work through difficult and ambiguous problems.
What you'll do
- Identify and deliver analysis to influence operational and product strategy for loan repayment in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Monitor repayment metrics (collections and recoveries performance, delinquency rates, auto pay, etc) and actively influence vendor strategies to improve repayment at optimal cost
- Identify third parties, data solutions, and other innovative ways to evolve the repayment experience
- Develop and execute end-to-end analytics roadmap for repayment by partnering closely with product, credit, operations, engineering and other teams to grow the Affirm network
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to understand their business priorities, formulate and execute end-to-end analytics workflow that includes defining critical metrics, data instrumentation and gathering, experimentation, analysis, and building meaningful dashboards and forecasts
- Translate analytical outcomes and results into compelling narratives / presentations for multiple levels of leadership
- Lead a team of analysts to be effective in the role and deliver high-impact and business-driving work
What we look for
- 5+ years of proven ability in an analytical role in consumer collections or credit / risk domain
- Previous experience in leading impactful analytics teams
- Experience conducting experiments in partnership with the product team and performing data analysis on large unstructured data sets
- Experience with simultaneously balancing multiple workstreams and prioritizing team's roadmap
- Experience pulling and joining large data sets with SQL and performing analysis using tools such as Python, Notebooks, R, or Excel
- Proficiency in communicating research and analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
- An appreciation for qualitative and quantitative analysis and an admiration for good design
- Willingness to go out of you way to help teammates
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.